- You are able to play at both loosehead and tighthead. Which position do you prefer and why?
Tighthead prop. It’s something I have been working on and I want to do well at it.
- What are the essential qualities of a great prop?
First of all you have to enjoy doing it and work hard. We all know one has to be strong, yet have the ability to move around.
- Who are the most challenging individuals you have faced in the fornt row and what makes them so challenging?
Italian tighthead prop Martin Castrogiovanni. He is a great scrummager and knows when to attack his opponents.
- Where do you draw strength when you are faced with injuries or other obstacles?
My family is always behind me and my Heavenly Father.
- Any special moments from the past rugby season you would like to share?
Not much, but just being able to be with my friends on the field week in and week out whether in the Green and Gold or with the Blue Bulls.
- What are your goals for 2017?
Just to keep doing what I do best for my team and country. Hopefully win some silverware.
- What is the best rugby or general life advice you have ever gotten?
Live life to the fullest and do what you love.
- What do you enjoy about being part of the PUMA family and how have they contributed to your growth as an athlete?
Well, personally, I work with a great brand and amazing people. I wouldn’t be abe to do what I do without PUMA.
- What do you enjoy about the PUMA evoPOWER Vigor H8 boots and why do they suit your game?
I enjoy the lightweight boot. It is also heavy duty, which is just perfect for what I do.
- You are active on Twitter and Instagram – what do you offer in terms of insights into what it is to be a Bull or a Bok, that encourages people follow you?
I am just being myself. I enjoy everyday because it’s a blessing, and all that’s between you and reaching your goals is hard work.